Social Support Individual
The aim of the program is to provide social support services to people who are aged, people with a disability and carers in the Wollondilly Shire. Assistance to our clients is varied and comprehensive, evolving to meet their needs as they progress through their lives. The program offers a variety of services, including assisted shopping, transport to medical/dental appointments, to the hairdresser or to visit a family/friend in a nursing home. We have trained staff and volunteers to help make sure your day is enjoyable and safe. Costs are kept to a minimum for clients and all efforts are made to meet individual needs.
Help Our Community!
SERVICES FUNDED INCLUDE:
- Visiting services
- Telephone and web-based monitoring services (including other technologies that help connect older people to their community e.g. To assist people with sensory impairments or those living in geographically isolated areas)
- Accompanied activities (such as assisting the person through accompanied shopping, bill paying and other related activities) If you have appointments, we can arrange transport to get you there and provide support while you wait.
Social support is usually provided one-on-one but may also be provided to more than one person, for example, where social support is provided to an aged couple. Volunteers provide the services and are reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses, primarily being petrol, calculated at a per kilometre rate. There is a small fee for home visiting services. Costs are kept to a minimum for clients and all efforts are made to meet individual needs.
REFERRALS AND ELIGIBILITY
People can be referred through the MyAgedCare gateway on www.myagedcare.gov.au or just call 1800 200 422. Clients will be assessed to be included in Commonwealth Home Support program or a Home Care Package: frail older people and younger people with a disability and their carers. Eligibility assessment of potential clients is carried out by the regional assessment team in your area.
People with a disability
- Check your eligibility by completing an NDIS checklist on the Am I
- Make a verbal application by calling 1800 800 110 or complete an
Access Request Form and return it to the NDIS.
- Get your evidence of disability, functional impact, and residency
- Wait for the NDIS to contact you and confirm your eligibility and
Follow this link for more information:
How do you apply for the NDIS? | NDIS
Social Support Group
Join our social activities, make new friends, and enjoy outings in a supportive and welcoming environment.
Meals on Wheels Service
National Disability Insurance Scheme
The NDIS supports people with a permanent and significant disability that affects their ability to take part in everyday activities.